FAQs about FAQs
- What are FAQs and what are they for?
- How do I start writing my FAQ page?
- What are some quick tips for writing my FAQ page?
- Why are FAQ pages good for Sustainable Businesses?
What are FAQs and what are they for?
Often overlooked, a Frequently Asked Questions page can help you sell, because it answers questions about the product you are selling. This is one of the most valuable pages in your site because your customers are actively seeking details about your product. Take advantage of their curiosity and give them what they are looking for. It will help boost your conversions and drive your sales.
FAQs help your potential customers understand your business and your product better by answering some of the questions they are probably wondering about. Improve their user experience by making information they might be looking for easier to find, faster. Take the opportunity to show your sustainability leadership by explaining why you care, helping you stand out from your competitors.
How do I start writing my FAQ page?
Start by thinking about what your potential customers will want to know about your products and your company. Think of when you purchase something in a store. You pick it up, hold it in your hand, read the product labeling or ask a sales associate to help answer your questions. Prepare your customers with basic information so they are ready to take the next step in the sales process.
What are some quick tips for writing my FAQ page?
- Make it easy to read. Categorize your questions by subject for quick access to information.
- List your questions at the top of the page for ease of scanning, with links to answers further down the page to reduce scrolling.
- Make sure your language is plain and simple. Your customers want to see at a glance what your products can help them with.
- Link your potential customer to other important information about your products. Answer their question as best you can, then drive them to other pages on your site to get them closer to making a purchase or contacting you for more information.
- Talk about things that demonstrate your value. What makes you different? Why should your customer choose you? Remember, this is not an advertisement; your answers should always be customer-focused.
- Use key phrases to bring in Google traffic – specifically address the questions people might ask Google. It helps them find what they need faster, and it helps you. For example, “What is [your business] and what does it do for [customer]?”
- Make sure you have the right amount of information. Too much, and your customers will stop reading. Too little, and you could lose your SEO value.
- “Talk” to your customers. Show your brand’s personality, and have some fun with this page. Surprise them with an upbeat tone that gives them the information they want quickly without the pain of scrolling through pages of dull, dry, irrelevant information.
Why are FAQ pages good for Sustainable Businesses?
For sustainable products, tell your audience what credentials you have, and why you chose to obtain them. Remember they are looking at this page to find specific information about what you offer. Maybe you sell products that are certified, so make sure your customers know what they are and why you chose to do it this way. For example, tell them if you sell GREENGUARD Certified, Safer Choice, Forest Stewardship Council, or USDA Organics products. Tell them if you operate from a USGBC LEED certified building. Explain to your potential customers why you believe buying your products will make a difference, and how your products will benefit their business.
Make it easy for your customers to see the steps you take in being a sustainable business. People are naturally curious and they are becoming increasingly interested in the culture of businesses they buy from. This being the case, you could even talk about your efforts in reducing your use of electricity, such as turning off lights when you leave a room, or having sensors that do this automatically. Anything you can tell your customers about your company sustainability efforts will help boost your brand.
Click here to see my FAQ page. It explains who I am, what I do, and how I can help your sustainable business.